Live & Studio; Microphones;Flat Geometry; Phantom Power.
The NV-3 is a step forward in clear semi romantic reproduction. Your voice will project a clear and rich presentation. It often reduces sibilance and feedback. My favored use is on drum toms; providing a semi API type sound; with punch and authority, and a tad of silk on the high frequencies.
Our flat cable design improves strength and resists tangling. You can step on it or roll over it and usually cause no harm. Without a cable tie, you can wrap the cable within itself and then easily untangle it!
NV-3 has a coating that protects the copper from corrosion. It can handle over 200 pounds before stretching; this prevents damage to conductors and solder. The Cinnamon Pepper-III and Live-Microphone is a better solution for low output microphones like ribbon mics, and improves accuracy/plus noise reduction. See our “How to care for your cable” link for ownership details.
- Flat-core structure of the NV-series prevents cable from tangling, kinking, and bending too much. It has a high lateral strength of 200 pounds.
- Protective memory of the NV-series allows the cable to be protective yet flexible. There is a built in resistance that prompts the cable to regain its straitened form. This protects the high quality copper from deformation.
- Highly pure copper is refined to remove crystal and grain boundaries that cause signal distortion.
- Anti-corrosion coating is a very thin non-conductive coating that seals in the conductors to prevent the copper from oxidizing. This makes the sound quality last 5-10 times longer than typical cables.
- Braided jacket allows the cable to be lighter and more flexible then extruded PVC. It looks great and reduces the friction when pulling beside another tacky surface.
- Gold-plated copper connectors provide a more uniform sound transfer. Nickle coatings dull the sound, and silver coatings brighten the sound. The Nuetrik proved the best fitting tolerances and insertion losses.